January – February 2015 Paint Colors

January-February 2015 Paint Colors

Because we shoot in real homes, we are not always at liberty to paint the walls. In those cases, we have chosen paint colors that best match the wall color in the photo. Please be aware that color may vary due to various light conditions, finish and other factors.  Therefore, it’s always a great idea to test a paint sample on your wall first. We use Benjamin Moore paint, but most paint stores can match any color.

This winter, we’re bringing back the airy blues and aquas we love so much. When paired with lots of creamy white and neutral grays, it’s a fresh, always chic palette we just can’t get enough of. In some of the spaces in our January-February catalog in 2015, we used some darker paint colors to make our patterns pop. What a fun way to bring drama to any room in the house!

January-February 2015 Paint Colors

January-February 2015 Paint Colors

January-February 2015 Paint Colors

January-February 2015 Paint Colors

January-February 2015 Paint Colors

January-February 2015 Paint Colors

Paint colors from the January Ballard Designs catalog

January-February 2015 Paint Colors

January-February 2015 Paint Colors

January-February 2015 Paint Colors

January-February 2015 Paint Colors

Browse paint colors from past catalogs, or find more decorating inspiration by visiting our Pinterest boards.

About the Author:

How to Decorate Team
We enjoy spending days interacting with How to Decorate readers. From answering Design Dilemmas to writing How To articles and working with guest designers, our passion is to provide informative and accurate resources to help people solve their design problems.

33 Comments

1. alın kaynak makinası March 21, 2016 at 10:37 am - Reply

2. Elaine January 22, 2016 at 8:01 am - Reply

Is it possible to tell me the paint color on pgs 2 &3 in your Feb 2016 catalog?? Thank you.

3. Tami October 31, 2015 at 9:30 pm - Reply

How can I find out the name of the black wooden desk in the top picture (with the LOVE wall hanging)? I believe it’s discontinued.

• Caroline @ How to Decorate November 5, 2015 at 9:17 am - Reply

Hi Tami,
      That’s actually our Chianni Trestle dining table in black! Occasionally we’ll use dining tables as desks to show how versatile a table can be. If you have a small space, maybe you use it as a desk but pull it out for big dinners and add in the leaf.
      Glad you like it,
      The How to Decorate Team

4. Bev August 5, 2015 at 8:47 am - Reply

Could you tell me the paint color in the picture of the Suzanne Kasler Quatrefoil Bedding in mineral? It is a tannish color.
    Thank you!
    Bev

5. Mary Ray July 30, 2015 at 4:44 pm - Reply

Dear Caroline @ How to Decorate –
    The first photo of the desk and the zebra hide rug is fantastic. Does Ballard yet offer the zebra hide rigs? If not this should be a definite consideration as an addition to your beautiful items.
    Also, I see that you note photos are shot i real homes…how are those homes selected (just curious).
    Mary – Birmingham, AL

6. Kim July 10, 2015 at 11:49 pm - Reply

where is the heart artwork with the love quote from? Gray and white.

7. Barbara March 16, 2015 at 5:00 pm - Reply

Where can I find the cheetah desk chair? I want one!!!!

8. Michelle March 4, 2015 at 9:46 pm - Reply

I want to change the coulours in my house from brown to the new coulours if grey and/or grey blue (I actually don’t have a couloir picked out yet). What would be a good couloir for my living room/ kitchen? I would be changing the whole main floor to this coulor ( the other two rooms are sitting room and office area ( kind a nook that in the 90’s would have been used for a dining room. My house is 1730 sq ft so probably 1000 sq ft o. The main floor and the kitchen cabinets are painted white ( a soft white) and the tiles in the back splash and fireplace are browny/orange with grey. Any direction would be helpful, I can’t pick a colour! Drapes and couch are going to change. The couch will probably be a slate grey sectional ( L shaped). Floors are wood ( Brazilian cherry).

• Caroline @ How to Decorate March 25, 2015 at 11:08 am - Reply

Hi Michelle,
      We can definitely make some paint color suggestions for you. We actually offer a free service where our experts will help you with design questions like these! Simply complete this form, and we’ll reach out to you. Don’t forget to include photos of your space with the form!
      We look forward to hearing from you,
      The How to Decorate Team

9. Angie Freese February 27, 2015 at 5:42 pm - Reply

Hello,

I would love to know what color you have on the wainscoting on pg 92 of the early spring 2015 catalog. It’s kind of a greyish blue, I love it!

Thanks,

Angie

10. Butt Welding machine February 13, 2015 at 7:31 pm - Reply

thank you very much very very beatıful