We’re thrilled this week to introduce Nealey Dozier of the food blog, Dixie Caviar. Nealey is always cookin’ up fantastic recipes, and we’re excited to bring you a slew of them this week!
Nothing quite says “dig in” like a platter of vine-ripened cherry tomatoes caramelized in a bath of fruity olive oil and sweet Georgia honey. Roasting the tomatoes concentrates the perfectly sweet, perfectly tart flavors so that each juicy globe is like its own bite of sunshine. A shower of sea salt provides a feather-light crunch, the ultimate grand finale.
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes, a mix of red and gold, halved
- ⅓ cup good-quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons good-quality honey
- 3 – 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Coarse finishing salt, such as Maldon or Fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the tomatoes on a large roasting pan, cut side up. Whisk the olive oil, honey, and garlic together in a small bowl. Lightly brush or spoon the mixture over the tomatoes. Season with kosher salt and ground pepper.
- Bake, without disturbing, until the tomatoes are golden, juicy, and bubbling, 30 to 40 minutes. Season with coarse finishing salt. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nealey received the following Ballard Designs products to use in her post. Her opinions are her own:
- Jillian Serveware
- Jillian Pot
- Jillian Hurricane
- Eliza Small Platters
- Brigitte Platter
- Brigitte Serving Bowl
- Marseille Napkins
- Filigree Lantern
- Classic Tumblers