We asked chef and food blogger extraordinaire, Jad of New South Food Company to come up with a menu to serve guests on a moments notice!
Flank steak is a simple cut of beef you can find at any grocery store, and you can keep a couple cuts stocked in your freezer. With an easy marinade, this is a great summer entrée!
- 2 lbs flank or skirt steak
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- ½ cup scallions, sliced at an angle
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Combine garlic through oil for marinade in ziplock bag. Add flank steak to bag and let sit flat and sealed in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight if possible.
- Prepare a grill for direct heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and season both sides liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the flank on the grill and cook both sides for 5-6 minutes cooking the steak to medium rare.
- Allow steak to rest on cutting board for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Using a sharp knife cut the steak against the grain at an angle.