We’re thrilled this week to introduce Nealey Dozier of the food blog, Dixie Caviar. Nealey is always cookin’ up fantastic recipes, and we’re excited to bring you a slew of them this week!
This “Picnic Chicken” is perfect for effortless outdoor entertaining. I first discovered the simple yet sublime recipe in the Nantucket Open House Cookbook, an amazing, albeit retro tome dedicated entirely to warm weather cooking. I’ve adapted the method a bit over the years, but I never cease to be amazed at how just a few unassuming ingredients can yield such big results. It will be a family favorite in no time!
- 6 – 8 bone-in chicken legs (See Notes)
- ⅓ cup neutral cooking oil, such as canola or safflower
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Divide the chicken equally between two plastic zipper bags. Combine the oil, Dijon, and white wine in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture between the two zipper bags. Seal, pressing out any excess air, and allow to marinate a minimum of 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Arrange the chicken legs on a rimmed sheet pan, discarding the marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Bake the chicken until an instant read thermometer reads between 160° and165°F, 45 minutes to an hour. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Jillian Serveware
- Jillian Pot
- Jillian Hurricane
- Eliza Small Platters
- Brigitte Platter
- Brigitte Serving Bowl
- Marseille Napkins
- Filigree Lantern
- Classic Tumblers