We’re delighted to welcome back Jad from New South Food Company. Jad specializes in gourmet southern dishes with a New South twist, and we’re thrilled to have another one of his recipes for you today. Take it away, Jad!
These lamb burgers offer a nice change from your typical back yard party. I like to bring these to cookouts where I know the main entree is beef burgers and hot dogs! The addition of a classic tzatziki sauce ties the flavors together and will have your guests begging for more!
- 2 lb ground lamb
- 1 medium vidalia onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 1 tbs fresh ground coriander
- 1 tbs fresh ground cumin
- 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbs fresh chopped thyme
- ⅛ cup port or red wine
- 8 oz plain yogurt
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeds removed and quartered
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 oz fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions and garlic till golden brown and allow to cool
- combine onion/garlic mix and remaining ingredients through red wine with lamb and mix well. Cook a small portion to taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Patty burger at 4-5 oz each and keep refrigerated until ready to cook
- Combine all ingredients into food processor and pulse until blended well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Jad received the following Ballard Designs products to use in his post. His opinions are all his own:
- Bistro Dinnerware in Blue
- Maison Flatware in Cream
- French Market Table Napkins in Navy
- Vittoria Glass Pitcher
- Darcy Stemware
Find more of Jad’s delicious Southern recipes on his blog, New South Food Company, or browse more recipe ideas on How to Decorate.