We’re delighted to welcome back Jad from New South Food Company. Jad specializes in gourmet southern dishes with a New South twist, and we’re thrilled to have another one of his recipes for you today. Take it away, Jad!
Making the perfect margarita is as easy as remembering a simple ratio 3-2-1.
3 parts 100% Agave Reposado Tequila
2 parts Cointreau
1 part fresh lime juice
By remembering this ratio it’s easy to throw together a single drink or scale up for a large gathering. Use the zest from the citrus fruits and mix with salt for an added kick to the salted glass.
Personally I like my margaritas a little sweeter so I add 1/4-1/2 parts sweetener such as agave nectar or simple syrup.
- 3 cup 100% Agave Reposado Tequila
- 2 cup Cointreau
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (Aprox 6-8 medium limes)
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- For garnish
- 2 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 6 tablespoons Kosher salt
- Make sure your limes are at room temperature and roll them back on forth on a hard surface before juicing.
- Add tequila, cointreau, lime juice and agave to large pitcher with ice. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking
- Zest 1 orange, 1 lemon and 1 lime into a small dish with the salt. Mix the zest and the salt with your fingers.
- Slice the remaining fruits into wheels for garnish
- Wet each rim of the glasses you’re using with juice from a citrus slice and then dip the glass into the zest/salt mixture.
- Fill each glass with margarita mix, garnish with wedges of fruit on the rim and in the glass.
Jad received the following Ballard Designs products to use in his post. His opinions are all his own: