A refreshing cocktail recipe is the cornerstone of a great Spring get-together which is why we teamed up with Danielle Rollins, entertaining expert and author of Soirée Entertaining with Style. Danielle created this delicious (and pretty!) Spring cocktail recipe, perfect for a Spring brunch or gathering.
This recipe requires making simple syrup, which, luckily, only takes about 30 seconds. Just combine equal parts sugar and water in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and turn off the heat, making sure all the sugar is dissolved. Flavorful, freshly squeezed fruit juices are the crux of this recipe, so look for fruits that feel ripe and heavy for their size. Since fruits vary in terms of sweetness/acidity, don’t be afraid to tweak this drink to your taste, adding more lemon or simple syrup if needed. If you only have regular (Eureka) lemons, you can experiment with using less lemon juice and more simple syrup. And if you lack a cocktail shaker, don’t fret – you can shake this beverage in a quart-sized mason jar instead.
- 1½ ounces gin, Hendricks or New Amsterdam
- 1 ounce Elderflower Sparkling Lemonade
- 3 ounces strained pink grapefruit juice, half a large pink or ruby grapefruit
- 1 ounce strained lemon juice from a large Meyer lemon
- 1½ teaspoons simple syrup
- grapefruit twist, for garnish
- Combine the gin, lemonade, juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker filled partway with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into an 8-ounce glass or tumbler. Garnish with the grapefruit twist.
Danielle received Ballard Designs merchandise through this partnership, but her opinions are her own.