Author: Southern Living
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (8-oz.) bottle poppy-seed dressing
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 (4-oz.) packages gourmet mixed salad greens
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- ¾ cup lightly salted, roasted pecan halves
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°. Peel and seed butternut squash; cut into ¾-inch cubes. Toss together squash, olive oil, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; place in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until squash is tender and begins to brown, stirring once after 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse poppy-seed dressing and cranberries in a blender 3 to 4 times or until cranberries are coarsely chopped.
- Toss together squash, gourmet salad greens, and next 3 ingredients on a large serving platter. Serve with dressing mixture.