An upholstered headboard is the ultimate accessory, transforming any bedroom from blah to beautiful. An instant focal point, it adds major style points and dreamy softness to any bedroom. And then there’s the comfort factor: leaning against a cushy headboard to read a book or watch a movie is one of life’s little luxuries.
Upholstered headboards come in all shapes and sizes with a multitude of design options, including fabric, color and trim details. The right combination can really define your look and set the tone for your decor.
Here are some of our favorite designs:
- Nail head trim combines lustrous texture and classic, tailored detailing.
- A curvaceous shape and brightly colored fabric bring a touch of whimsy to any bedroom.
- Tone-on-tone wall color and headboard create a monochromatic scheme that adds quiet sophistication.
- A deeply tufted headboard is invitingly plush and super glamorous.
- Leather lends an upholstered headboard a decidedly more masculine feel.
- A tall headboard can be dual functioning: against a wall of windows it adds privacy and filters light while making a grand statement.
- An eye-popping bold pattern breathes new life into an uninspired bedroom.
- A hybrid style offers the comfort of a cushioned back with the classic look of a wooden headboard.
- The ultimate combination of lush tufting, nail head trim and dramatic color on an elegant shape makes a sublime statement.