- 2 pounds butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3 cups loosely packed arugula
- Preheat oven to 400°. Peel and seed butternut squash; cut into ¾-inch cubes. Toss squash with olive oil to coat; place in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake 20 minutes or until squash is just tender and begins to brown (do not overcook), stirring once after 10 minutes. Cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- Toss together cannellini beans, next 4 ingredients, and squash in a large bowl; cover and chill 2 to 4 hours. Toss with arugula just before serving.
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, minced shallot,minced garlic, light brown sugar, salt, and seasoned pepper. Gradually add canola oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until blended.
Download Recipe PDF