Tuna Crudo (Featured in video)
Timon Balloo, Executive Chef of Sugarcane Raw Bar & Grill in Miami, Fla.
- 4 oz. Yellowfin tuna, sliced
- 8 Pieces of garlic chips
- 1 tsp Serrano chiles, sliced
- ¼ tsp Villa Mandori Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup pickled ginger, fine julienned
- 1 tsp Pickled honshimeji mushrooms (recipe below)
- ½ tsp Pickled honshimeji juice
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- Micro greens to tarnish
- Thinly slice tuna into 4 even pieces and lay on a chilled plate.
- Place ginger, mushrooms and serrano over the fish and finish with a drizzle of both sauces.
- Garnish fish with garlic chips and micro greens. Enjoy.
Pickled Honshimeji Mushrooms
- 4 1/2 Cups mushrooms, florets cut
- 1 Cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Pink Peppercorn
- 2 Sprigs thyme
- 2 Cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
Heat extra virgin olive oil very hot and sauté the mushrooms.
Pour the mushrooms into holding container and cover them with remaining ingredients.
Allow ingredients to infuse the mushrooms for 24 hours.