Creative Gift Wrapping with Jill Sharp Brinson

by Jill Sharp Brinson
Creative Director & Stylist
Ballard Designs

As the Creative Director for Ballard Designs, I am always looking for inspirations when it comes to wrapping gifts. Looking all year long for personal and cool ideas to make gift giving special is a trick I learned years as ago as a stylist. I save and collect odd boxes, inexpensive scarves, pieces of fabric, yarn and strings to adorn my special gifts. Each year, by late fall, I come up with a color scheme that feels really relevant to me and carry it out as my color story for the gift-giving season.

This year, I’m feeling bright pink and orange in a BIG way. I’ve saved ribbons, cards, fabric bits and bobs to make all of my gifts feel uniformly crazy and fun!

Sometimes, I just wrap a beautiful container as the gift – I think what we all crave this time of year is not more stuff, but an acknowledgement that you think someone is special. It’s in that spirit that I choose to give a gift.

Have other creative gift wrapping ideas? Share them in the comments below.

2017-02-03T16:13:16+00:00 By |Gifts, How To, How-to's and Tips|10 Comments

About the Author:

10 Comments

1. Meb Wentz December 19, 2012 at 10:26 am - Reply

Pure genius! Who needs to unwrap any of Jill’s gifts..
    You elevate giving to a new level that most mere mortals will never achieve. Bravo!

2. Ruth Smith December 2, 2012 at 10:43 am - Reply

I will start collecting containers, fabrics, etc. to use next year. I love the idea of “found objects” being the gift or gift container. Thanks for your guidance and fun approach to wrapping.

3. Natalie Nassar December 1, 2012 at 10:28 am - Reply

I need to start collecting fun materials NOW! Great ideas Jill!

4. Raina Newell December 1, 2012 at 7:47 am - Reply

Well, you just got me right in the holiday spirit! Thank you for so generously sharing your talents and inspiration–outside the box has all new meaning!

5. Beth Marrs Dean December 1, 2012 at 4:23 am - Reply

How great, what a nice change from the traditional wrapping papers & bows!
    Can’t wait to try, love the colors & textures! Thanks, Jill!!

6. Stephanie Walsh December 1, 2012 at 1:27 am - Reply

What an amazing talent you have to be able to turn simple, everyday items into the most beautiful creations. I am honored to be witness to this gift!

7. Lynne Berkshire November 30, 2012 at 6:30 am - Reply

Looks like I need to buy more gifts for more people so I can create these fun packages. Love the idea of a color
    theme – LOVE the pink and orange.

8. Elizabeth White November 28, 2012 at 2:12 pm - Reply

Amazing!!!!

9. Jo A Peterson November 19, 2012 at 1:16 pm - Reply

What great looks. Thanks for your terrific ideas

10. Sallie Cunningham November 19, 2012 at 10:12 am - Reply

Jill is so creative! I just love her ideas and they give me such inspiration!