Recipe: Honey-Rosemary Cherries & Blue Cheese Crostini
Author: Southern Living
Recipe type: Appetizer
Begin your party casually by offering this appetizer "help yourself" style. Or, make up single-serving plates and present as a first course at the table.
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (12-oz.) package frozen dark, sweet pitted cherries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula $
- 16 (1/4-inch-thick) ciabatta bread slices, toasted
- 1 (8-oz.) wedge blue cheese, thinly sliced*
- Garnish: freshly ground pepper
- Sauté shallot in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add cherries (and any liquid in package) and next 5 ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Divide arugula among toasted bread slices. Top each with cherry mixture and 1 blue cheese slice. Garnish, if desired.
- *Manchego or goat cheese may be substituted.
Click here to download a printable PDF of this recipe.