Author: Ballard Designs
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 3 cups
Here's a simple recipe for vanilla buttercream that you can use in other dishes. Enjoy!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. milk
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar alternately with 3 Tbsp. milk, beating at low speed until blended and smooth after each addition.
- If desired, beat in remaining 1 Tbsp. milk, 1 tsp. at a time, until desired consistency.