Author: Ballard Designs
Recipe type: Dessert
This peach and blueberry trifle serves at least 10 people who will be delighted by this cool, fruit-filled dessert.
- Parchment paper
- 1 (16-oz.) package angel food cake mix
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 8 firm, ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup peach preserves
- 1 (16-oz.) package fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13- x 9-inch pan with parchment paper. Prepare angel food cake batter according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 33 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Microwave preserves in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 30 to 45 seconds or until melted. Toss peaches and 1½ cup blueberries with warm preserves. Stir in granulated sugar and next 2 ingredients.
- Invert cake onto a cutting board. Carefully remove parchment paper, and discard. Trim and discard edges of cake. Cut cake into 32 equal pieces.
- Beat whipping cream and lemon juice at medium speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- Arrange about one-third of cake pieces in Southern Living Trifle Bowl. Top with one-third of peach mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with whipped cream. Cover and chill 1 hour. Top with remaining ½ cup blueberries just before serving.