Governor’s Mansion Summer Peach Tea Punch
Author: Ballard Designs
Recipe type: Punch
Serves: 2 gallons
Second only to sweet tea, this Southern treat is a favorite on hot summer days. We've got special instructions for how to make this a special 'over 21' libation.
- 6 family-size tea bags
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 (33.8-oz.) bottles peach nectar
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup Simple Sugar Syrup
- 1 (2-liter) bottle ginger ale, chilled
- 1 (2-liter) bottle club soda, chilled
- Garnishes: fresh peach wedges, kumquat slices
- (Note: To make this an “adult libation,” stir in 2 cups vodka with ginger ale and club soda.Be sure to attach the “Over 21” Beverage Tag to your Beverage Jar.)
- Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add tea bags and mint leaves. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
- Discard tea bags and mint. Pour into a 1-gal. container; add peach nectar, lemonade concentrate, and Simple Sugar Syrup. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- Pour chilled tea mixture into Southern Living Beverage Jar. Stir in ginger ale and club soda just before serving. Serve over ice.
Simple Sugar Syrup Makes: 2 gal. Hands-on time: 10 min. Total time: 9 hr., 5 min., including simple syrup 2 cups sugar Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes). Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.