House Beautiful: 15 things that put a smile on their face

092611_house_beautiful_v3

We asked the home fashion aficionados at House Beautiful to peruse the pages of our Late Fall catalog and pick out 15 things that put a smile on their face. They came back with everything from a Crowned Santos figure and Suzanne Kasler Serving Bowl to a classic Rolltop Secretary. It made us smile just to read their answers and we can’t think of a better way to start your own holiday wish list. Start the countdown now »

2013-10-30T12:15:54+00:00 By |Design Experts|18 Comments

About the Author:

How to Decorate Team
We enjoy spending days interacting with How to Decorate readers. From answering Design Dilemmas to writing How To articles and working with guest designers, our passion is to provide informative and accurate resources to help people solve their design problems.

18 Comments

1. imberli December 20, 2011 at 10:43 am - Reply

this stuff is all expensive.its cool though.

2. cacee December 20, 2011 at 10:40 am - Reply

this place has lots of stuf that you can put in
    your house.this place is just cool.
    you can somtimes buy this stuff. only it is very
    expensive.

3. Catherine November 30, 2011 at 7:31 am - Reply

Do I have to just pick one? As Bridgett said “… if I have to pick 15 things”, bead board entry cabinets, Weston X console (white), Messina Table, Camden tufted headboard (queen), fringed burlap tablecloth, Olivia side table (blk), fringed burlap bedskirt (queen), Malia seeded glass lamp (blue), Ballard jute bags, Horses at Rest Gichlee, Sarah Storage (THE BEST), Westchester Entry Lockers (white), Turin Rugs, Davenport Sofa & club chairs. PHEW!

4. mary hill November 22, 2011 at 12:56 am - Reply

Starting over from a 2842 sq. ft. house to a 1 bedroom apartment-need everything new and fresh-love all the scaled-down pieces.

5. Katie Boyd November 16, 2011 at 11:11 am - Reply

I LOVE Ballard Designs!!! They have unique items that look very expensive!

6. Bridgett November 9, 2011 at 10:37 am - Reply

What’s not to love, but if I have to pick 15 things they would be the Suzanne Kasler set of 12 crest magnets, Paris leather recliner, harlequin bath rug in gold, Dylan rug in ivory, holland twin sleeper in bee royal, square tufted bed in bee royal king sized, varenne soft throw, stocking ornaments art set, Baldwin queen sleeper, louis xvi dresser in antique walnut, corday accordian drying rack,clouds at sunset giclee 36in., the leather cube ottomon in bark, upholstered twin sleeper, benedetta console are my top favorites. However, there so many others!!!!!!!!!

7. Kerry van der Post November 1, 2011 at 2:16 pm - Reply

We have been collecting Ballard items for a year now – wouldn’t it be nice to be able to buy more than one piece at a time and finish a room. Our living room would be next with a rug, mirror and chairs. We also need chairs to go with our ‘farm table’. We’re aiming towards House Beautiful but we’re not there yet 🙂

8. Nancy McHale October 27, 2011 at 2:40 pm - Reply

I love Ballard Designs! I purchased a slipcovered white chair with a ruffled skirt 10 years ago! I can’t tell you how many times I have laundered my WHITE slipcovered! With a chocolate Lab and 9 grandchildren too many to count! It has always retained it’s shape and brightness! My husband loves to read in this chair! It is our favorite chair in our home! I am always so excited when my catalog arrives! My wish list is endless! I always get great ideas as well! I love House Beautiful as well! Thanks!