There are several elements of my master bedroom that I struggle with.
- Is my headboard too understated – does it need to be more substantial?
- Should I put a grouping of smaller pictures above it or one large item?
- The lamps on my side tables look too small to me, but I’m not sure how large to go.
- Do I add window treatments to my plantation shutters or should I leave them clean-lined and simple?
- What to put on the top of our tall dresser?
I’m attaching two pictures and would love some assistance with my dilemma.
Your approach to your room is both calm and retreat like. We do know you have a few issues about the space and we would love to help you solve them.
We agree that the lamps on either side of the bed need to be more substantial. The Columbia Table Lamps with the dark bronze finish should work well. We don’t think your headboard is too small, but you do need something above it to pull it all together. Our recommendation is a grouping of Mirrored Heron Prints. Five prints should really make an impact.
We agree the lights on the dresser appear to be a bit too small. The Chartres Buffet Lamps in Bronze would be a nice choice. The tall chest looks rather bare, so we think the Children Playing at the Seashore Print would look terrific above it. Placing drapes on your windows is a matter of personal preference. If you do choose to put them up, try choosing ones that are the blue tone in your coverlet. It will help bring a pop of color to the room.
We hope that we have given you some reasonable ideas to complete your room. It really should not take too much to finish up. If you have any other questions, please let us know. And please send us some photos when done – we love to share them with our Ballard customers.
The Style Studio Team